- The Disproved Concept of the Protozoan Etiology of Smallpox Katz
- Medicine In Portugal In The Medieval Ages: A Contribution To The History Of Science Paulo Nuno Martins
- Saint Gerard Majella: Another Young Victim Of Marfan’s Syndrome?
- Luke Cage Comics And Race-Based Unethical Medical Experiments
- Spider-Man’s Symbiote & The Early AIDS Epidemic
- The Rise Of Anti-Psychiatry: A Historical Review
- Alzheimer´s Before And After Alzheimer Euba
- Freud: will and dependence A. López-Valverde
- Some Medical Notes on the Death of Baron Manfred von Richthofen
- How And Why Do Therapeutic Interventions Become Obsolete?
A Preliminary Study Of 20th Century Health Technologies E M Rous
- Kirkbride’s Architectural Stigma Of Mental Illness Daniel Bristow
- Shell-Shocked And Confused: A reconsideration of Captain Charles Myers’ case reports of shell-shock Sheehan, Roberts, Thurber, & Roberts
- The Emergence Of Medical Specialties In The Nineteenth Century: A Discussion Of The Historiography Silvester
- Kings, Knights & Lepers Savona-Ventura & Buttigieg
- Sources For Identification Of Antique Medical Instruments
In Print And On The Internet Shultz
- PTSD and Charles Dickens Green
- The struggle of Dr Max Schur, Sigmund Freud's physician Mazzarello
- History of Public Health Kumar
- Freud and Anaesthesia Vijayan
- The Gastrointestinal Diagnostic Tests of the Talmudic Sage Shmuel Daniel L. Cohen
- Empedocles' Biomedical Comments Stathakou et al
- Remarkable Physicians associated with Pulsus paradoxus Woo & Fung
- The Invention of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Green
- The Documents that Produced the Laws Overturned by Roe v. Wade Frederick N. Dyer
- History of Anaesthesia
- Was the composer Borodin the first to link cholesterol to heart disease?
- The Influence of Somatic and Psychiatric Medical Theory on the Design of Nineteenth Century American Cities
- The Development of Parasite Immunology as an Institutionally Supported Approach to Studies of Parasitism 1918-1945.
- Insulin Coma Therapy in Schizophrenia
- The History of Liverpool Psychiatry
- Sources of Identification of Antique Medical Instruments The History of Depression before the Twentieth Century
Introduction to the History of Medicine Section
Context. Perspective. The media, writers, technologists, and every facet of modern medicine bandy about these words. Yet, context and perspective is exactly what the new History of Medicine section is all about. Through the pages of History of Medicine On-Line the history of medicine will be told such that it provides context and perspective on the current and future state of medicine.
This virtual thing called the Internet, still in its infancy, is the future of publishing. The rapidity and dissemination of knowledge via the Internet is staggering. Medicine On-line and its history of medicine section will take advantage of such rapid dissemination with an eye towards education through scholarship.
The Shape of History to Come
In the coming months, the history of medicine section will mature and its focus will become better defined. It is my hope that this Internet gathering place will be a virtual forum for those interested in the history of medicine. It should be educational, informative, perhaps controversial, and, most importantly valid. This editor envisions the section to become the de facto standard for the online community of medical history. Your assistance in accomplishing this vision is heartily encouraged!
Anyone with an interest in the history of medicine is encouraged to submit articles for publication. We are interested in every facet of medical history, from important individuals and institutions to significant events, inventions, and the historiography of medical history. Potential authors include doctors, professors, medical historians, students, archivist, librarians, and anyone interested in the history of medicine and furthering the cause of medical history research and scholarship. Using a unique online peer review process, each submission will be thoroughly reviewed and submitters will be responded to within a month in ideal circumstances. Please submit manuscripts to History of Medicine On-Line after reading our Instructions to Authors and submission page.
on these links to visit our Journals:
Dentistry On-Line | Vet
On-Line | Chest Medicine
On-Line | Pharmacy
On-Line | Anaesthesia
On-Line | Medicine
Home • Journals • Search • Rules for Authors • Submit a Paper • Sponsor us
All pages in this site copyright ©Priory Lodge Education Ltd 1994-