Multilingual Core-curriculum on Psychosocial Aspects of Cancer Care
Developed by International Psycho-Oncology Society (IPOS) and by the European School of Oncology (ESO) the Core-curriculum on Psychosocial Aspects of Cancer Care is now online. The curriculum is available in six languages (English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Spanish) and is aimed at providing update information on the most significant hot topics in pyscho-oncology to health care professional involved in cancer care, including physicians, psychologists, nurses, physiotherapist, rehabilitators.
The following lectures are presently available:
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills in Cancer Care by Walter F. Baile, M.D. (Psychiatry Section, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, University of Texas);;
- Anxiety and Adjustment Disorders in Cancer Patients by Katalin Muszbek, M.D.;
- Distress Management in Cancer by Jimmie C. Holland, M.D. (Wayne E. Chapman Chair in Psychiatric Oncology, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, USA);
- Depression and Depressive Disorders in Cancer Patients by Luigi Grassi, M.D. and Yosuke Uchitomi, M.D., Ph.D. (Section of Psychiatry, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy; Psycho-Oncology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute East, Kashiwa, Japan);
- Psychosocial Assessment in Cancer Patients by Uwe Koch, M.D., Ph.D. and Anja Mehnert, Ph.D. (Institute of Medical Psychology, University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany).
For each presentation the relative evaluation form should be filled out and sent via web in order to receive the certificate of completion. The curriculum will be implemented with further lectures in the immediate future.
Direct link to:
Mail to POL.it